Over two years of prototyping and refinement has finally paid off. Designed for the UK's fast trail riders with progressive geometry, modern detailing, 29" wheels and double butted 4130 cromoly to deliver a ride that really encourages you to choose the fastest lines and carry speed whenever you ride.
Onza have carefully selected their own "Flawless" 4130 cromoly tubing with their premium frame builder to compliment the ride of the larger wheels. Snakeskin welds and double butted tubes were the key elements in producing a frame that lived up to their testers exacting standards.
With a nod to the UK's wet conditions, the Payoff has undergone an electro-deposition treatment to protect the frame from the inside out. The traditional slim tubing and 27.2mm seat post give a sleek look and provide that unique steel feel of springy comfort. The pronounced tapered head tube allows you to slam the stem for an aggressive position and when combined with the long travel fork, 73.2 seat angle and 68.8 head angle give that magic blend of stability and razor sharp handling.
To complete the frame we selected a one-piece chainstay yoke and PF30 BB and then spec'd it out with a narrow wide 1 x 10 drivetrain, tried and tested parts from Rockshox and Shimano and their own Onza finishing kit.
- Frame: Onza double butted flawless Cro-Mo 4130 27.5 Tapered headtube, 12mm bolt thru, 1 piece forged yoke.
- Fork: Rock Shox Revelation solo air 120mm with tapered alloy steerer tube and 15mm thru axle
- Shifters: Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX Shadow (Clutch)
- Crankset: Onza 1 x with Buzz Saw narrow/wide 32T chain ring
- Cassette: 10 Speed 11-34T
- Chain: 10 Speed Shimano
- Bottom Bracket: PF30
- Brakes: Shimano BR 447
- Handlebars: Onza 6061 720 alloy
- Grips: Onza Ules lock on
- Stem: Onza 6061 alloy
- Saddle: Fizik Gobi
- Seat Post: Onza Alloy 27.2 350mm
- Pedals: Alloy platform
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Wheelset: Weinmann XC180 Disc
- Tyres: Kenda Slant Six 29 x 2.35
- Weight: 13.4kg
- This is a category 4 use bicycle. Please see Terms & Conditions for future reference.
|ST Length||Top Tube||HT Length||HT Angle||ST Angle||CS Length||Wheel Base||Fork Offset|
"The Onza is still the most naturally rowdy, ‘pop the front wheel, slide the back end, launch that drop, make the most of every metre of trail’ bike here by a big slice anyway and the frame-only and custom build options let you wring maximum potential out of this top-quality trail ripper."
- MBUK Best On Test Winner
"The Payoff is like a hipster with a Macbook — trendy, up to date but with retro styling."